Thursday, June 19, 2008

I'm here




I made it to Colorado without a hitch a couple of weeks back and have been running around quite a bit since.




Random thoughts and observations:
  • It's really beautiful here. I think heaven should be like this.
  • Who turned off the air? Snowmass Village is at elevation 7,914 feet and the air is quite thin up here. It's taken me a couple of weeks to adjust and not huff and puff after climbing even small inclines.
  • School/work is going great. There's a pretty interesting cast of characters here and tons of work to keep us busy. We are doing about 3-4 tunings per day on brand new, just out of the box pianos and frankly, they're a pain in the ass when they're new. But I can already feel my skills growing.
  • At least half the students (out of 750) at the music school are Chinese, and they are awesome musicians. Teach your children to speak Mandarin.
  • We can get lots of free tickets to just about any event here at the festival, so come on down and visit me! This weekend we're going to a couple of orchestra concerts featuring some Beethoven symphonies and on Saturday there's a jazz festival going on - we're going to check out the Brian Setzer Orchestra.
  • Dale and Madeline are coming down next week and I can hardly wait!
I guess that's all for now.

Have a great summer everyone!