Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Phew

It's been a big day.

I got my Visa paperwork in the courier today, so everything is go for heading down to Aspen. This was a little scary for me with the last minute change to my sponsor company due to some screw ups and I honestly thought at one point last week I wasn't going to make it and would have to cancel the whole thing. This picture you see here is my actual route in Yahoo Maps - I'm going to spend one night in Davenport, Iowa, another in Sterling, Colorado and then it's off to Aspen.

I got my housing information for Aspen today too and it is suh-weet! It's real nice two bedroom condo in Snowmass Village which is just a few miles from Aspen and the Music School. Nice view too.

And, we finished off our term 2 project piano today. This was the 1906 Heintzman baby grand we worked on if you don't remember, and everything about it was a total pain in the ass, but I'll tell you something: when we finally got the new strings on and tuned it up it sounds really, really nice, so it was definitely all worth it.

So now, school ends for real in a few days and I can hardly believe it. It's going to be sad.

I hope that the next few posts you will see on here will be a little road journal of my long drive across 'Merka.

Cheers.