Saturday, March 1, 2008

Birdy num nums

Just a quick update.

Things went pretty well in my first paying gig this Thursday. It's pretty cheesy but as I was getting ready at home that morning I heard a bird singing outside - first time in 2008 I heard one - and took it as a good omen. The job went well and Mrs. X asked me back again this week to do some more work. While I was there I got a call from Merriam music and I went by there in the afternoon to do some tuning in their showroom and got paid a bit for that. And while I was there two people approached me in the showroom asking if I do private work. Well, duh.

Earlier in the week I met Madeline's new piano teacher and I think I can work a bunch of referrals out of that as well.

Feeling really good and off to a good start. While still in school even. I'm verklempt.


And, I'm going to go ahead and take the free baby grand piano I mentioned in an earlier post. I mean what the hell. It's hard to go wrong and I think I can put a couple thousand bucks into it and maybe make a thousand, plus have my first, low risk, rebuilding job. And if I like it enough I'll just keep the damn thing.

Must drink now.