Sunday, February 3, 2008

Holy crap nice weather

I'm writing to you from the lounge of the fabulous Festival Inn in Stratford Ontario. I was here doing some work on pianos at the Stratford Festival complex and due to some seriously strong winds and blowing snow, all the roads out of town are closed. In a way I'm relieved because I was driving out of town this afternoon and was really very nervous about the road conditions and poor visibility but would've felt like a wuss turning around. This way the police made the decision for me. Today I was actually standing on the stage in the picture you see here, where some of the world's greatest actors have stood. Didn't feel a thing.

Last week I had a couple of interviews for some internships this summer at the Tanglewood and Aspen summer music festivals. I kind of have mixed feelings about these - they will be 10 weeks across June, July and August and while they are a great opportunity to keep learning and basically get paid for going to school, it would also be another ten weeks away from the family and I'm worried about the load poor Dale is carrying, although the thought of spending the summer in the Rocky Mountains is pretty appealing. The interviews went well I thought; I'm pretty good at telling people what they want to hear by this point in life so I'm pretty optimistic about my chances. Aspen, Colorado seems to be the happening place compared to Tanglewood in western Massachusetts but it sure is a lot further away. Oh well, nice to think about the choices anyway.

I've got a bunch of new pics to upload but can't really manage that at the moment what with being unexpectedly stranded here and all. My kingdom for a toothbrush.